Leeds United figures fly out as Bologna set to sanction Jhon Lucumi transfer
Ahead of the summer transfer window, Leeds United officials have been to Italy to observe Jhon Lucumi.
Following their promotion with the Championship triumph, the Whites have already been connected to several new stars.

Daniel Farke will probably be in charge of a number of new signings at Elland Road, with the 26-year-old being the most recent to attract the LS11 club’s attention.
Therefore, it should come as no surprise to hear that Leeds officials have been dispatched to observe Lucumi prior to the window opening in the upcoming weeks.
Leeds United target Lucumi transfer
Prior to a season back in the Premier League following two years in the second division, a number of new possibilities will be explored.
Following a championship run in which nearly every player contributed, the team scored 100 points.
That being said, the team’s overall performance at Elland Road needs to raise, and it may begin with the defensive and progress from there.
Lucumi is being considered as a possible target because of this, following a successful stint since joining Bologna from Belgian team Genk in 2022.
| Year | Club | Appearances |
| 2022-2025 | Bologna | 106 |
| 2018-2022 | Genk | 137 |
| 2015-2018 | Deportivo Cali | 54 |
Along other teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, and Tottenham, Leeds recently went to witness the Colombian international, according to a story published by TBR Football on May 12.
After watching the defender this season, discussions have been held with his middlemen and many other teams, who have been informed of their client’s Serie A circumstances.

Lucumi could represent coup for Leeds United
It has to be noted that if Leeds were able to beat major Premier League clubs like Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham to a signing, it would be tremendous.
This would demonstrate the Whites’ aspirations under Paraag Marathe and the 49ers’ return to the top level.
Lucumi’s arrival might therefore be fantastic for Leeds following a number of years with Bologna in Serie A, as they also made it to the Champions League this season.
In the backline at Elland Road for the upcoming campaign, the Colombian might get along well with players like Pascal Struijk, Joe Rodon, and Ethan Ampadu.
In other news:
Caoimhin Kelleher to Leeds United transfer latest – Liverpool stance, ‘enquires made’, record fee
Caoimhin Kelleher to Leeds United transfer latest – Liverpool stance, ‘enquires made’, record fee
The latest Leeds United transfer news amid links with Liverpool goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher, who seems set to leave the new Premier League champions this summer

Following their promotion to the Premier League, Leeds United is still rumoured to have expressed interest in Liverpool custodian Caoimhin Kelleher.
As the last year of his contract draws near, Kelleher, 26, appears destined to depart the recently crowned league champions. After replacing Adrian as the team’s backup for Alisson, the Republic of Ireland international signed his current contract in the summer of 2021.
Despite making 67 appearances for the Reds over the course of four years, the Brazilian is still their top pick, especially now that Giorgi Mamardashvili is joining from Valencia this summer to add more competition. This is a summary of the Kelleher scenario as of right now.
Leeds has reportedly asked about the situation at Liverpool, according to Graeme Bailey of TBR Football. Kelleher is also said to have attracted the attention of West Ham United, Newcastle United, Bournemouth, Chelsea, and Nottingham Forest.
The Reds are rumoured to value their long-time backup custodian between £30 million and £40 million, and they are anticipated to make a deal this summer. Any investment in that higher price may therefore surpass the club-record transfer fee of £35.5 million Leeds paid to get Georgia Rutter two and a half years ago.
When the goalie was playing for Ireland in September, he talked about his future. “I made it clear in the last few years, I want to go be a number one and play week in, week out,” stated Kelleher.
It was decided by the team to acquire another goalie, [Mamardashvili]. They appear to have decided to take a different route when viewed from the outside.
“I have made it known in the past few seasons that I want to be a number one player every single week. If you look at it from the outside, it may appear that I have complete control over the decision, but sometimes I don’t.









