ESPN pundit says so many have forgotten just how good £21.5m Tottenham player is
Rodrigo Bentancur provided Spurs a significant lift before their meeting against Bournemouth this past weekend. The Uruguayan had not played since late November following a hard challenge from Matty Cash.
It was anticipated that Bentancur wouldn’t be ready until the middle of February. He shocked everyone, though, by returning for the Sunday victory over Bournemouth.
Many have forgotten just how good Tottenham midfielder Rodrigo Bentancur is
Speaking to ESPN, Janusz Michallik also shared his opinion that a lot of people would be reminded of how important Bentancur is to Tottenham in light of his most recent return.
Look at Richarlison as of late. Watch what he does. Kulusevski, incredible. See what he accomplished with Lo Celso. He said, “I mean, I really forgot about Lo Celso a few weeks ago.”
You are conscious of how I feel about Bentancur. He is genuinely remarkable, even though many English supporters are ignorant of who he is and how he plays.
Uruguayan could be so important during the second-half of the season
Bentancur appeared in just 10 Tottenham games in 2023. He had a serious injury in February while playing for Leicester. It goes without saying that his recovery from that injury was impeded by the loss to Aston Villa.
The £21.5 million midfield player was one of Tottenham’s few successful players during the previous season. Bentancur finished as Spurs’ third-highest goalscorer in the Premier League, despite missing all of February’s games.
And some fans may have forgotten about Bentancur given that he missed two extended periods of time due to injury in the previous 12 months.
Tottenham now £10m away from breakthrough over ‘complete’ player
Spurs and the 21-year-old are the subject of increasing amounts of speculation now that the January transfer window is open.
Positive rumours have been swirling about Tottenham’s progress towards Dragusin for the most part.
For example, Fabricio Romano recently revealed that Spurs and the Romanian international had reached an agreement.
Sky Sport Italia, however, now claims that the valuation differences between Tottenham and Genoa are greater than previously stated. Sky Sports UK revealed on Tuesday night that there was a roughly £5 million deficit. The Italian publication asserts that it is actually closer to £10 million.
Dragusin is reportedly valued at €35 million (just over £30 million) by Genoa. Spurs, meanwhile, are only willing to spend a maximum of €23 million (£20 million).
Furthermore, Napoli, who are supposedly preparing their own move for Dragusin, may soon pose a threat to Tottenham.
It appears that the defending Serie A winners are open to accepting an offer of €20 million (£17.4 million) in addition to Leo Ostigard.
The onus is firmly on Spurs to increase their proposal and cross the threshold, while Napoli is not anticipated to make a larger offer.
Tottenham still seem on course to sign Radu Dragusin
It appears that there may be a roadblock in this instance. Still, this is a negotiation tactic. Not many bidding clubs will place a sizable initial offer.
We remain at the start of the window for transfers. That’s not to say Spurs should get comfortable, but there is still time to make a bid that would completely destroy Napoli and avoid paying too much for Dragusin.
He’s undoubtedly a worthy addition to Tottenham. In addition to being young, extremely talented, and making an impression in Serie A, he also appears to be available at a time when many clubs are reluctant to part with their best players.
Dragusin was described as a “complete and dominant” center-back by Football Talent Scout a few years ago, according to Jacek Kulig. He has since picked up steam, and his major career breakthrough is just around the corner. Will Spurs play it there?










