Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Tottenham Hotspur

Johan Lange reached out to national team manager to try and push through Spurs deal-Report

 Johan Lange reached out to national manager to try and push through Spurs deal

 

As reported by Sport Witness, Tottenham contacted Stale Solbakken, the manager of Norway, to try to convince Antonio Nusa to join the team in January. This information was obtained from a story in the Danish publication TV2.It appeared that Nusa was headed to the Spurs with one week remaining in the transfer window when a number of sources reported last week that the Lilywhites had reached a deal with Club Brugge.This includes The Athletic, who revealed a week ago that Ange Postecoglou’s team will loan the 18-year-old back to them till the end of the season in exchange for €30 million (£25.7 million) from the Belgian team.

Then, to the dismay of Spurs supporters, Brentford appeared to sabotage the agreement. According to multiple sources, Nusa decided to sign with the Bees after being promised regular playing time by the team (Football.London).

But there was one additional twist in the final days of the transfer window: the teenager’s knee and back issues prevented him from passing a physical at the Gtech Community Stadium, which contributed to the transfer falling through (Ben Jacobs).

Brentford

Tottenham’s tactics revealed in Antonio Nusa deal

Although it is unclear if Tottenham will rekindle their interest in Nusa next summer, TV2 has now provided insight into the tactics the team used in January to persuade the young player to join the team.According to reports, Stale Solbakken, the player’s international manager, was contacted by Tottenham’s technical director Johan Lange in an attempt to convince the youngster to sign with the North London team.

It’s revealed that Lange and Solbakken “worked for many years” together at FC Copenhagen, where the Tottenham player was formerly the director, and that they had a very excellent relationship.

Spurs Web Opinion

It would have been intriguing to observe the outcome if Brentford hadn’t manipulated the Nusa agreement. It stands to reason that Spurs would have discovered the same problem during the examination, and that might have been sufficient reason to cancel the deal.

To stay informed about the most recent developments regarding Tottenham, make sure to follow SpursWeb’s pages on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

In a related article:

‘He doesn’t get any publicity’ – Cristian Romero says one Tottenham star is very underrated

 

Despite having a strong group and a top manager, Cristian Romero has stated that Tottenham Hotspur cannot just jump right into the running for big trophies; rather, the team will need time to reach their desired level of play.Furthermore, he stated that Micky Van de Ven is an underappreciated part of Ange Postecoglou’s team.It’s safe to say that the FA Cup loss to Manchester City two weeks ago and the way the Lilywhites let points slip at Goodison Park on Saturday have left Spurs supporters extremely frustrated. 

These outcomes have given the team a sobering reality check and demonstrated the amount of work still to do before they can compete on an equal footing with teams like Manchester City and Liverpool.

Romero insisted that the team is on the correct path to someday contend for big honors, but he conceded that some patience is required.

“We need time and patience to win stuff, or at least to compete with teams like Manchester City and Liverpool who are out on their own in the Premier League,” the World Cup champion said to The Sun.

They are the ones to beat, but we’ll push them hard one day if our club and chairman continue to build the foundation. We just need to keep moving forward; even though we’re not yet prepared to win this season.

Micky van de Ven

Romero loves playing with Micky Van de Ven

Romero and Micky van de Ven have developed a strong defensive duo, and the Argentinean star said that his center-back partner does not receive the respect he merits, maintaining that the Dutchman is among the top players in the Premier League at his position.

Regarding the former Wolfsburg player, the 25-year-old stated: “At this point, Micky is among the Premier League’s best central defenders.” However, marketing is a major factor in how others perceive you here, which is why there isn’t enough discussion on him.

 

“He doesn’t get any publicity and is not built up at all. But he’s doing so well and we hope that he can continue — I am so happy for him. He’s young, hungry and wants to get to the next level. He has a great career ahead.”

 

While most of us realized at the time that this would be a transitional season, it is crucial for supporters to remember where the team was six months ago. Since the current Spurs squad is among the youngest in the league, they will undoubtedly make mistakes in the process.

To stay informed about the most recent developments regarding Tottenham, make sure to follow SpursWeb’s pages on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

 

 

Written By

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Tottenham Hotspur

“significant one” – Update from the gaffer on the injuries to James Maddison and Micky van de Ven Vicario gave an incredible performance against...

Leeds United

‘Going to happen’: Phil Hay says Leeds teenager is leaving for £5m, Jurgen Klopp and Spurs miss out Despite a recent dearth of information,...

Westham Fc

Declan Rice tries to defuse tensions with West Ham fans Declan Rice was sold by West Ham to Arsenal during the summer transfer window...

Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham ‘make final decision’ on splashing out £115m on Harry Kane replacement Tottenham face a bill of over £115m for Harry Kane’s potential replacement....