Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Westham Fc

Moyes delivers new West Ham contract update after late transfer drama

David Moyes delivers new West Ham contract update after transfer window closes

The Hammers’ leader offers an update on negotiations for a contract extension, which is set to expire in the summer.

According to David Moyes, negotiations for a new contract with West Ham are “well down the line,” and he anticipates more developments once the January transfer market closes.

At one point early in the season, it seemed doubtful that Moyes would be handed a new contract because his current one expires at the end of the current campaign.

Nonetheless, after leading the team to their highest-ever point total at the halfway point of a Premier League season, the Scot is now almost certainly going to sign an extension.

After leading the team to its first major trophy in forty-three years with the Europa Conference League title last season, Moyes also leads his team into the Uefa competition’s knockout stages. The club’s Europa League campaign is scheduled to continue next month.

Since the transfer market has closed, the 60-year-old has reaffirmed that he will resume talks with the club’s owners early in the New Year, as he had said before Christmas.

“Now that the window is closed, we’ll resume our work,” Moyes stated. “We’re doing fine.”

In a related article:

West Ham: Said Benrahma to Lyon back ON after FIFA intervention

After the drama on deadline day, the player was given a lifeline by the regulatory body.

Said Benrahma’s aspirations to leave West Ham and sign with Lyon appear to have been given a lifeline, after the CEO of the French team stated that FIFA had approved the transfer.

Before his anticipated transfer to the Ligue 1 team, Benrahma flew to France on Thursday to have a physical. However, tragedy struck late on deadline day when it seemed the clubs had not finished the deal in time.

Prior to agreeing to a permanent deal costing more than £15 million in the summer, Benrahma was scheduled to join Lyon on loan until the conclusion of the current campaign.

West Ham had confirmed that the trade had not been completed in time, and while Lyon was laughing at this, the English team was being accused of demonstrating a “lack of respect” for the delay in the deal.

Laurent Prudhomme, the director general of Lyon, stated during a press conference on Friday afternoon that the club had been successful in its appeal to Fifa to get the move registered following a delay.

On Friday, he stated to reporters, “You can imagine how upset [Benrahma] was. He had been dreaming of coming to play with Olympique Lyon.” This kind of situation involving his mother and his family.

 

“We initiated a process with FIFA to look into what transpired. We promptly signed and delivered all of the documentation proving that we had entered the data. We have screenshots of the entire time we entered the data on the TMS; we were much ahead of schedule—it was precisely 22:26.”

Then, during the press conference, Prud’homme received a message. “It appears that Fifa has just approved the match’s validation, so it appears that our efforts are now bearing fruit,” he continued. The Premier League has been given seven days to accept this request by the French Federation. Our efforts appear to be paying off.”

Written By

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Tottenham Hotspur

“significant one” – Update from the gaffer on the injuries to James Maddison and Micky van de Ven Vicario gave an incredible performance against...

Leeds United

‘Going to happen’: Phil Hay says Leeds teenager is leaving for £5m, Jurgen Klopp and Spurs miss out Despite a recent dearth of information,...

Westham Fc

Declan Rice tries to defuse tensions with West Ham fans Declan Rice was sold by West Ham to Arsenal during the summer transfer window...

Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham ‘make final decision’ on splashing out £115m on Harry Kane replacement Tottenham face a bill of over £115m for Harry Kane’s potential replacement....